Bandai Namco and PlayBook presents The King of The Iron Fist Tournament 2016 Southeast Asia (PH Qualifiers)
Pools A to D – October 28 (FRIDAY)
Pools E to H – October 29 (SATURDAY)
Top 8 (ESGS Main Stage) – October 29 (7pm-9pm)
REGISTRATION TIME: 10am-12pm
TOURNAMENT START: 12:30pm
VENUE: Brawlfest Booth, SMX Convention Center
REGISTRATION: 50php (Participants also need to pre-register and purchase ESGS tickets to enter the venue)
Number of participants will be limited to 64 (32 for each day).
(Fightsticks will be provided at the venue.)
Registration is on a FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVE basis. The first 32 players to pre-register and be at the Brawlfest booth on October 28 or 29 to complete their registration will get the slots.
To register, please click on the link below: https://goo.gl/forms/w7x5LRVt7WwalmWs1
– Pre-registered players can choose whether they want to participate on the Friday or Saturday pools.
– Walk-ins will be accepted only when there are no more pre-registered players by the end of the registration period (12pm) and slots are still available. Pre-registered players will be prioritized.
– Players who participated in the Friday pools can no longer participate in the Saturday pools.
– Players will be seeded as they register. Schedule of pools will also be given upon registration.
– Players will be called before the start of their respective pools. Players who will not be present on the time of their scheduled match will be disqualified.
– The top 2 players of each pool on Friday will be asked to return on Saturday for the continuation of the tournament. PlayBook will sponsor their Saturday ESGS tickets.
*Event will be streamed live on
Champion: 1 Entry KOIF Tournament (Japan) on December 10th with sponsored flight and accommodation. And a ESGS 2016 Shirt
2nd Place: One (1) PlayStation 4 1TB (Slim)
3rd Place: One (1) arcade stick controller (Brand TBD) & One (1) Lucky Chloe Bishoujo figurine
All TOP 3 Placers will also receive a medal
The tournament is divided into three phases: Qualification Pools, the Semifinal Bracket, and the Tournament Finals. Pools will run on a best 2 out of 3 games while the Winners Finals, Losers Finals & Grand Finals will run on a best 3 out of 5 games.
At the start of the tournament, players are divided into pools of eight or more people. The size of each pool depends on the overall size of the tournament. Each pool is run as a double elimination bracket, until there are only two players left. These top two players advance to the Semifinals.
Once all the pools have been run, the top two players from each pool move on to a new double elimination bracket. A loss from your qualification pool carries over to the Semifinals, so one half the players will start out on the “winners” side of the bracket, and the other half will start out on the “losers” side. The top eight players in the Semifinals advance to the Tournament Finals.
The Finals are basically a continuation of the Semifinal Bracket. Once again, losses carry over. The Finals end when all but one player has been eliminated.
****Disclaimer: Tekken 7 will be available to play at the Bandai Namco Booth from Friday to Sunday. Each player is allowed only 10 minutes.****